Wednesday, June 3, 2009

God's coloring book

I happened upon this song recently, and I loved the imagery it created in my mind. I was going to add photos but I thought, instead, I would let the words stand on their own. That way each person can see in their own mind's eye the beauty and color with which God has blessed their own lives...
God's Coloring Book
by Dolly Parton
Today as I was walking
In the fields just down the way
I sat down on a fallen log
To pass the time away
And as I looked around me
The more that I did look
the more I realize that I am viewing God's coloring book
I saw a golden ray of sunlight
A silver drop of dew
A soft, white floating cloud
Sailing cross the sky 'a blue
A yellow dandelion, Pretty evergreen
And some red and orange flowers
Growing wild along the stream
And the more I look around me
And the more that I do look
The more I realize that I am viewing God's coloring book
The greyness in an old man's hair
The pink in baby's cheeks
The blackness in a stormy sky
The brown in fallen leaves
And the multicolored rainbow
Stretched out across the sky
And the purple haze at sunset
Just before the night
And the more I look around me
And the more that I do look
The more I realize that I am viewing God's coloring book
Then I turn my face toward the sky
And say a silent prayer
Though God doesn't speak to me
I see him everywhere
He is all around me
He's everywhere I look
And each new day is but a new page
In God's coloring book
...I believe God DOES speak to each of us--through His Word, through the Holy Spirit, through those around us, and through His creation! Thank You, Father, for your beautiful words!!

3 comments:

  1. It's a special day today... I've read a lot of inspirational posts, including this one. And I reeeaaaallly love God's coloring book.

    So, it's by Dolly Parton. Gotta check the song out.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dolly - she's so great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - I loved reading your blog thoughts! It's so fun to meet fellow Jesus followers in cyberspace. I have a question for you - how did a midwest girl end up in CA?

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I love hearing from you and can't wait to read your comments! Let me know what's on your mind and your heart today...