Wednesday, March 11, 2009

reaching upward and outward...

On my recent trip to Arizona, I snapped quite a few photos. One that I really like was a photo of an Acacia tree blossom. I loved it's tiny little fingers reaching up to the sky.



As I was looking at the tree blossom photo on my computer, I kept feeling as though I had seen another of my photos that gave me the same feeling. I dug through my aquarium photo archives and pulled up the photo below:

Two photos.
Two very different subjects-- one a tree blossom and one a sea star.
Both born of the same Creator.
Both reaching upward, outward...reaching for something...
Reaching for sustenance--
one for miniscule sea creatures to eat,
one for sunshine with which to photosynthesize and make food.

Both reaching upward and outward... for life.
We, too, are born of the same Creator.
We, too, reach upward, outward...reaching for something...
Reaching for sustenance... reaching for LIFE.

Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help,
as I lift up my hands toward your Most Holy Place.
~Psalm 28:2
I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
~Psalm 63:4
I lift up my hands to your commands,
which I love,
and I meditate on your decrees.
~Psalm 119:48
Lift up your hands in the sanctuary
and praise the LORD.
~Psalm 134:2
May my prayer be set before you like incense;
may the lifting up of my hands
be like the evening sacrifice.
~Psalm 141:2


Let us join with creation as we reach upward, outward...

Let us lift our hands and reach out for LIFE...

the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

2 comments:

  1. And we are all reaching for something, aren't we? Whether we know it or not.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots, and perfect verses to go along. I especially love the last one. =)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I love hearing from you and can't wait to read your comments! Let me know what's on your mind and your heart today...