Saturday, March 28, 2009

stained glass windows quote about people


People are like stained glass windows:
they sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in
their true beauty is revealed
only if there is a light within.
~Elisabeth Kubler-Ross




When times of darkness set in, I pray others would be able to see in me true beauty ... that created by the presence of the Light of the world...

and, as in the windows above, that we believers would show to the world a clear and beautiful image of the Savior....

(photos taken at Avalon Community Church, Catalina Island, CA)

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous windows!!! I haven't had a lot of good luck with these - I need to practice more

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, char! i'm alwasys fascinated with trying to get good photos of stained glass. it's rather hit or miss. these are ones i particularly love! they're also unique because the dark parts between the glass (which i think is usually lead) are actually made of sand, and the glass pieces up close look like sea glass. (see close ups here: http://heartrocklife.blogspot.com/2008/09/stained-glass-lives.html) so creative for a church on an island and beach community! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I love hearing from you and can't wait to read your comments! Let me know what's on your mind and your heart today...