Wednesday, April 29, 2009

happy birthday to ME!!

Yes, today is my birthday!! Normally, I wouldn't announce it so boldly, but hey, why not?!? : ) I'm not going to tell you how old I am, but I did have two kids last night convinced I was only 23! (I'll let you in on a secret... I'm NOT!) Then I told them I was 33. Of course, they thought I was OLD at that age...so, when I told them my real age, they were flabbergasted! They said they didn't believe I could be that old--I didn't seem like it (I'm sure it's my child-like enjoyment of the little things in life...not because I'm immature or anything!)... so, we agreed that I would stay at 33. : ) I'm ok with that.

I just wanted to share with you a couple of my blessings today...

This photo was sent to me this morning by a friend who saw this gas station sign all the way up in Redding, CA!! How DID they know it was my birthday today?!?!? I'm shocked but honored... and feeling very loved!

A Shakespeare quote I have liked and which I posted on my Facebook profile today:There was a star danced, and under that was I born.” (from Much Ado About Nothing)

A good friend gave me a birthday card with a line she wrote which said:

"It was not under a dancing star, but Heaven's smile, that you were born."

Thank you, my friend... what joy that brings to my heart and my day!


And, you know how wonderful it is when you find a greeting card that actually says something so appropriate to the person-- so RIGHT for the one to whom you're sending it? Well, I received a birthday card from my mom (love you, Mom!), and on the front of the card it said:

"May the love of God and the beauty of nature fill your heart with joy and happiness."

How perfect is that for me?! It's what this whole blog is all about... and what I want my heart-rock-life to be about-- finding my heart filled with the joy and happiness of knowing and seeing the amazing love of God through the beauty of nature and the things of everyday life!

And, lastly for now... my two favorite birthday cards this year:


...this (above) from my friend Sean, age 9... [by the way, there is a "y" on the end of Happy but it was cut off by the scanner]. This also had a baggie of candies stapled to it and a Hershey's kiss taped on as well.

...this (below) from my friend Bryan, age 7...
(the piece of tape on the left was holding a mini slinky which refused to be scanned!)

And... to all of you, my blog friends, thank you for taking the time to read my blog and to leave me such lovely and encouraging comments! I appreciate you so very much--you bring joy to my heart!

4 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww how adorable are those????? Happy Birthday - hope it's the happiest EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Hershey's kiss and some Sweetarts?

    Best. Presents. Ever.

    Happy birthday, Sharilyn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cards are awesome! I hope it's been an amazing day. Happy Birthday, Sharilyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sorry I wasn't paying attention on your facebook when you posted this picture. Should have said it then :P

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I love hearing from you and can't wait to read your comments! Let me know what's on your mind and your heart today...