Thursday, February 5, 2009

appreciation... and a gratitude post...

The aim of life is appreciation;
there is no sense in not appreciating things;
and there is no sense in having more of them
if you have less appreciation of them.
~Gilbert K. Chesterton
  • rain today in southern california! delightful! (203)
  • huge puddles at flooded street corners (202)
  • dark, rain-filled clouds filling the sky (201)
  • my Pathfinder with great tires for plowing through the puddles! (200)
  • snow on top of the local mountains (199)
  • electricity (198)
  • a colorful string of Christmas lights still alight along my living room ceiling (197)
  • birds singing before dawn (even though I had to be up!!) (196)
  • no root canal at yet another long dentist appointment today (195)
  • going to sleep to the sound of rain dripping off the roof (194)
  • homemade chocolate cake (193)
  • dinner with friends (192)
  • Mexican food! (191)
  • my friends' grandkids (190)
  • birthday candles and the delight on a birthday child's face (189)
  • the ticking and striking of an antique clock (188)
  • trees in bloom in white and pink (187)
  • gas prices still hovering around $2.00/gallon (186)
  • a job! (185)
  • and a paycheck (184)
  • grocery stores (183)
  • strawberry season here again!! (182)
  • flowers from a friend (181)
  • a very near miss when a car ran a red light tonight and almost hit me dead-on; I was able to just manuever away even with the rain and wet road! (180)
  • hot pink toenail polish (179)
  • flannel pj's (178)
  • the ability to connect with people around the world without leaving my home (177)
  • wonderful blogging friends I've made and their kind and encouraging comments (176)
    Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father.. ~James 1:17

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharilyn,

    Sounds like a good set of things to appreciate and to be grateful for.

    Best wishes,

    Skeeter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will second all of these, though the hot pink toenail polish doesn't apply.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I love hearing from you and can't wait to read your comments! Let me know what's on your mind and your heart today...