Friday, February 27, 2009

what...?!?!

I've spent the last two evenings after work, until just about bed time, at the hospital visiting a friend who is unexpectedly there for a few days. And, it's been a long week at work. I'm a bit tired, and perhaps, a bit punchy as well. It is in that mode/mood I write this post tonight...

I had a couple of "what....!?!" sightings on the way home that I thought I would share with you.

For this first one, I was driving from work and had to stop at a stoplight. I looked at the car in front of me... nice car... an Audi... but WHAT was that riding around on the trunk?!!?!?

I started laughing!! How funny! I think it was play-dough... in a lovely shade of fuschia!

I wonder if the driver even knew it was there?? And, I wondered if the one who put it there just forgot it or if it was meant to be a joke, in which case they're somewhere snickering away? Either way, I enjoyed the stop at that stop light!!
I also had to stop at the store to pick up some milk. When I came out of the store, it was just turning to dusk, and I happened to glance up at the sky. "What...?!" It was a lovely display of moon and star (probably planet, actually...Venus, maybe?) ...
They were in kind of unusual positions, and I thought they were beautiful.
I really loved that a couple of other people were walking to their cars gazing and commenting on how cool it looked! (I do so love it when I catch other people seeing and enjoying the things I see and enjoy!)

And, lastly, when I was walking to the hospital from the parking lot tonight, I happened to look down at the sidewalk in front of me, and ... "What...?!" I saw a bill on the ground, and there was no one else around to whom it could belong. I bent down and picked it up and discovered it was a $5 bill--which is just about what it costs to park in the hospital parking lot for the hours I was going to be there!
God is very cool, don't you think?! ... a laugh at a stoplight, a wonderful night sky, and my parking at the hospital paid for... What more could one ask for in one night?

...and so, with a smile (like the moon) and a wink (like the star), and a thank you to the One Who created them both (and gave me the parking money!!), I bid this day good-night...

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sharilyn,

    Was that some kids playdough? That shot of the Moon and Venus together was very nice.

    Best wishes,

    Skeeter

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so beautiful - I love the crescent moon the very best as it is full of so much promise. The playdough? priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of the star and the crescent, really looks like a smile with a wink. ;) What a beautiful night you had, of humour, discount and splendour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for enjoying these things with me! you all are one more delightful addition to my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi stranger! Boog and I enjoyed the smiley moon too. It reminded me of the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland. And thanks for sharing the picture of the play-doh. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I love hearing from you and can't wait to read your comments! Let me know what's on your mind and your heart today...