Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm off to see the seals...the wonderful seals of San Simeon...

(the title of this post is to be sung to the tune of "the Wonderful Wizard of Oz") : )

I'm so excited!! Today I have fled the southlands and headed north to see one of my favorite things--the Elephant Seals of San Simeon.
A friend of mine and I are taking a road trip for the weekend to go and see them. Thsi is the time of year when they have their babies, and I'm so excited to see the little pups!! (I've never yet done so.) The last time I was there was a year ago in the fall, and that is the time of year when the adolescent males are on the beach. All of these photos were taken then. (In the picture below, you can see some people in the top right corner--that's how close one can get to the seals!)
It's an amazing experience... just look and see...

Seals, seals, everywhere!!
...and the sound of the ocean and the salty sea air...

...hmmmmmm.....
what to do? what to do?
nothing but enjoy God's amazing creations and take multitudes of photos!!
I can't WAIT to see the babies!!! (and you shall, too, when I return!!)

Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD! ~Psalm 150:6

1 comment:

  1. What a fun excursion! Looking forward to new pix, pix of pups!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I love hearing from you and can't wait to read your comments! Let me know what's on your mind and your heart today...