Saturday, August 23, 2008

writing on the wall...

"Writing on the wall"... to most of us that is a saying which we understand to mean something is very obvious and plain to see. "Read the writing on the wall."

It actually comes from a chapter in the Bible, Daniel 5, where God Himself wrote a message on a wall of the king's palace:

"Suddenly the fingers of a human hand appeared and wrote on the plaster of the wall, near the lampstand in the royal palace. The king watched the hand as it wrote. His face turned pale and he was so frightened that his knees knocked together and his legs gave way." ~Daniel 5: 5,6
Wow! Talk about getting your attention!! It was in the middle of a big party the king was throwing, and many important people were present. They were all praising the false gods of gold, silver, iron, wood, and stone, and toasting out of cups stolen from the temple of God in Jerusalem. Needless to say, God showed up very clearly in a most terrifying manner and, in front of all those witnesses, wrote a message for the king on the wall--in other words, it was a very OBVIOUS message.

I know many times I hear myself say that I would love for God to just right something out on a wall for me, so I have no question as to what He's trying to tell me. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who has made this request! It would be so much easier, wouldn't it? There would be no question, no misunderstanding, no uncertainty.

When I was in Brazil a few years ago, I found a message from God written on a wall... I think it's pretty clear what He keeps trying to tell me... to tell us... if we will just 'read the writing on the wall"...


(I'm pretty sure that says "I love you" in any language...and it uses pictures so there's no language barrier!) May you read God's message on the wall for you--both here and in your own life, in your own world, in your own way today...

  • God speaking my language (26)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I love hearing from you and can't wait to read your comments! Let me know what's on your mind and your heart today...