Thursday, October 30, 2008

frost-ing on the cake, pt 2...

...and here, as I promised yesterday, is the frosted "green stuff"...


Frost is the greatest artist in our clime--
He paints in nature...
~Thomas Hood

...and a bit closer...


...a frosty fern...


...closer...


...CLOSER...

...and closest for true crystal enjoyment...


...a frosty fall leaf...


...and look at that cute cactus-like furry frosty leaf!...

...and a little bit of brown frosting, too...
('cause it's just too pretty not to include!)

The Frost performs its secret ministry,
Unhelped by any wind.

~from Frost at Midnight
by Samuel Taylor Coleridge

...several of these photos can be enlarged for detail-viewing by double-clicking on them
  • the artistry of frost (115)
  • ice crystals (114)
  • a reason to get up early in the morning! (113)

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic Part I & 2, Sharilyn, but it's definitely something I'd rather not pray for! I love seeing frost and flakes too but the temperature is a not something endurable! So I THANK YOU for sharing these beautiful ones...

    Hmm... I thought I spot a heart on one of the cactus. =) Hey, I hope your finger has healed. Healing hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P/s: Is your place having Halloween? Any special fun there? =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to scrape my windscreen before starting my car this morning, the frost was just THICK!
    But your post remind me on how beautiful it is. (If it's not sticking on my windscreen)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these pics. I always tell myself to get out early on cold mornings and enjoy the frost art, but I'm always too late, or I don't bring my camera with me on those early morning walks. So, I'll just enjoy your efforts instead! Lovely quotes too.

    ~Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. JH-- yeah, it is beautiful and i love it, but then i don't have to deal with it on a daily basis!

    Jenna--thanks Jenna. it was melting even as i was taking my photos! the sun waits for no one! :)

    Star--my mom also is torn between the beauty of it and the scraping and shoveling of it! and, yes, you have a good eye! that IS a heart near the frozen fuzzy leaf! it's the one that i cropped out for my 'frosty heart' post! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I love hearing from you and can't wait to read your comments! Let me know what's on your mind and your heart today...