Sunday, October 26, 2008

homeward bound...

Today I am homeward bound, winging my way 2500 miles across the country... my luggage is a bit overweight but then so is my heart --with the memories gathered over the past week spent with loved ones and with the emotions that go with the leaving. Whomever it was who said "Parting is such sweet sorrow" really nailed it on the head! (I also carry far too many photos home with me as well...many of which I shall surely be sharing with you as soon as I am back on DSL! There are just so many photo opportunities in the country!!)

(my plane flying over Michigan)

...Enjoy your Sabbath rest and worship...

  • the mystery of flight (think about it!) (108)
  • colorful views from above (107)
  • having family and friends to miss (106)
  • coming home (105)
  • memories of time shared together (104)

4 comments:

  1. Welcome home dear, though I know that the sweet sorrow may probably take a little while to overcome. Hmm...

    This is a lovely view from above, I take your word that there's lots to anticipate. ;) Love that sunset view by the sea, especially the frosted heart. Hugs...

    Take things slow honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are always such an encouragement in my day...thank you! i am back at work at staring at 219 emails that came in last week as well as the pile that has accumulated on my desk... it shall be a busy day, i think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharilyn... I love your name, I have a friend that I used to work with who shares it with You!!
    I just wanted to tell you that I really identify with 'sweet sorrow'. I am the mother of 4 and grandmother of 6. When they come home to visit the house is so full, buzy, noisy and fun!!! But when they leave, and for some reason they all seem to depart at the same time...Papa and I are left to our solitude... It's nice for awhile, but I sure miss the NOISE, and the Love that surrounds us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is an impressive picture! I can't wait to see what's more to come :-)
    It always hard to say goodbye to our loved ones. My family lived thousands miles away from UK, so I understand how you feel. I believe there is a season for everything. Just trust it all in Him who makes things beautiful in His time :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I love hearing from you and can't wait to read your comments! Let me know what's on your mind and your heart today...