Thursday, September 11, 2008

an 'accidental' heart...

This afternoon I had an unfortunate incident... a car accident, to be exact. It wasn't a bad one, but a car accident is a car accident, and it is rather unnerving and disconcerting. One minute I was driving along, and everything was fine... the next minute a guy was turning right into the alley while looking to the left. I was on the right. And though I slammed on the brakes and laid on the horn, he didn't realize what he was doing until it was too late, and he came to a very abrupt stop--in the front side of my car!

Nobody was hurt, and though there was damage to both of our cars, it could have been much worse. I am very grateful that it was as minimal as it was. But, well, it was a still a car accident, with the stress and hassles that go with it. It wasn't a great addition to my day.

What WAS a good addition to my day was a wonderful little demonstration of my Father's love for me... He Who knows my every moment, both good and bad... He Who cares about those every moments and the feelings that go with them... He Who gives me His love in those delightful heart-shaped ways!

Later this afternoon, I went to the office supply store to do a little work-financed 'retail therapy' and to buy a new fax machine for our office. As I parked my car and got out, I noticed something on the pavement right next to the accident-damaged left front of my car....


It was the most wonderful dirty napkin in a parking lot I've ever seen! And I got the message! (How about you!?) One more reminder that He knows, He cares, and He continually speaks the language of our hearts if we will listen...

  • for safety in the midst of danger (50)
  • for someone else's trash being my treasure (49)
  • for love in the parking lot (48)
  • for my God Who knows my heart so well (47)

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I froze when I read about the accident but it's a relief to know that you're not injured. Scary... there must be so much to thank the Lord about, His protection over you and His grace! I hope that you'll get over this soon and be more careful in future. Take good care!!

    The good Lord watches over us, always...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your unsettling experience, yet I couldn't help but smile as I saw the photo attached! Even a dirty old napkin can hold beauty and a message, showing you that His messengers/angels are always walking your path with you, just waiting for the moment when you will see His handiwork--however odd and humerous, yet touching.

    ~Jenna Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for all of your well-wishes! i appreciate your kind words! i discovered today that i'm sort of tense when i drive the last few days, but all things considered of what CAN happen in an accident, i am blessed! : )

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I love hearing from you and can't wait to read your comments! Let me know what's on your mind and your heart today...