Tuesday, September 2, 2008

stained glass lives...
























Stained Glass

The broken fragments of my life
Lay strewn upon the ground--
Colorful pieces of shattered glass
With sharp, jagged edges--
Scattered at Your feet…

You gently pick up the pieces,
Though they pierce Your hands
And cause You to bleed…

And carefully, tenderly,
You fit them all together
Into something new and beautiful,
Creating from the brokenness
A blood-Stained Glass work of art.

Sharilyn
6/29/04

(photos taken at Avalon Community Church, Catalina Island, CA)

I am amazed at how God takes the broken pieces of our lives and puts them all back together in ways that bring glory to Him. I am grateful that He doesn't sweep away those broken pieces of me but instead takes the time and care to put me carefully back together into a work of art. (I usually don't "get it" at the time, but, oh, how wonderful it can be to step back and see the finished product later!)

  • God's infinite patience (30)
  • God, the Artist, who makes art from our broken lives (29)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I love hearing from you and can't wait to read your comments! Let me know what's on your mind and your heart today...