Wednesday, September 3, 2008

a "juicy" heart...

Today the heart I share with you may seem a bit silly. I make no excuses for it. It is wonderful just as it is. I introduce you to...
the "juicy heart"...
I discovered this heart on my kitchen counter one day and just had to laugh. It's one of those things that 'strikes my fancy' and makes me smile--discovering hearts made of unusual materials and found in strange places! This one was a juice spill!

As I pondered the posting of this juicy heart, I started thinking about what a "juicy heart" would be like. What would be the characteristics of one's heart if it were "juicy?" According to Webster's dictionary, "juicy" means:
  • full of vitality
  • rewarding
  • rich in interest

Full of vitality. I like that definition. I would like to have a heart that is "full of vitality!" Alive, enthusiastic, eager for each day and each moment! And rich in interest. Interesting, colorful, engaging! That, too, describes a heart and a life to which I would like to aspire. And, if my heart were both of these, would not my life be Rewarding?

A juicy heart, a juicy life. I like the sound of a heart and a life like that. Full of vitality. Rewarding. Rich in Interest. And suddenly, a juicy heart doesn't sound so silly after all.

I believe this is actually the kind of life our Father wants us to have... the kind of hearts He longs to give us. Hearts that are juicy. Lives that are full. I am grateful for the reminder of a juicy heart, and I pray for a life that reflects it.
I have come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. [juicy?!]
~John 10:10b

2 comments:

  1. Now this is such a juicy find, don't you think? ;)

    I was bathing one day and spotted a ' heart ' that encircled by water, it was lovely but I couldn't get out to fetch the cam, in the middle of the shower. Grrr...

    Yes... let's spend our time juicy in Jesus... ;P Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, isn't it awesome when He surprises us with demonstrations of love! (though it would have been fun to see your bathtime heart!)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you've stopped by! I love hearing from you and can't wait to read your comments! Let me know what's on your mind and your heart today...